Katerina Velliou was born in 1973 in Thessaloniki, Greece. In 2014, she graduated from the Faculty of Fine Arts, School of Visual and Applied Arts of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. Following her graduation, she continued her postgraduate studies in the field of Architectural Design at the Architecture School of the University of Thessaly.
During her studies in the Faculty of Fine Arts, among else she successfully completed the modules of: Painting, Engraving, Theory and Methods of Implementing Industrial Design, Scenography, Theatrical Costume and Stage Design.
From 1995 to 2017 she has been working as an executive manager in private companies within the field of graphic design, research, architectural construction and commercial interest.
Since 2017 she has been teaching Fine Arts in public schools of secondary education in Greece. During 2017-2018, she successfully materialized educational programs such as: a) “Primary Education Teachers in Chalkidiki” : a cultural program implemented with the pupils of the Elementary School of Arnea b) ‘The golden hat’: design and realization of a fairy tale with the participation of the first and second elementary school students of Stageira – Stratoniki. The project was presented at the European School Radio http://europeanschoolradio.eu/archives/production/2674. c) Co-ordination, program design and supervision of designing the communication material for the 2nd International Week of Alexandrio Technological Educational Institute of Thessaloniki: a program where thirty universities from fifteen different countries participated. The communication material was implemented with the creative participation of students from four different elementary schools of Halkidiki.
During 2017 she was nominated for the participation in the Dresden Residents – Artist Talk program. Additionally, she collaborated with the artist Theodoros Zafeiropoulos for the presentation and development of the project “HomeLand” under the auspices of the 18th Biennale of European and Young Mediterranean Artists titled House, Conflict, Dream, Failure in Tirana, Albania.
In 2014 her project ‘Mets Giving (The Gift) – Argotera Temple’ was presented under the auspices of Micro-geographies project, curated by Haricleia Harris as part of the New York-based World Wide Storefront (WWSf) platform. Moreover, she represented the School of Fine Arts of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki during the “4th TRANSFORM 2013” hosted by the National University of Arts Bucharest in Romania. During the same year, her project “kapsula” was honored at the “Designing Creative Synergeies” conference organized by the International University of Greece.
In 2011, she was awarded with distinction for designing a proposal for the outer shell of the Aristotle Racing Team, Arthurle Racing Team, Arthur Racing Team (ART), AUTh. The project “Design of exterior car shell ART” was selected and presented at the BIENNALE of Young Artists “SIMBIOSIS”. During the same year, she represented the School of Fine Arts of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki at the exhibition “2nd TRANSFORM 2011” hosted by the National Academy of Art Sofia Bulgaria, at the National Gallery of Foreign Arts.
“Design of exterior car shell ART” was selected and presented at the BIENNALE of Young Artists
“SIMBIOSIS”. During the same year, she represented the School of Fine Arts of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki at the exhibition “2nd TRANSFORM 2011” hosted by the National Academy of Art Sofia Bulgaria, at the National Gallery of Foreign Arts.
In 2010, she was excelled to represent Greece at the Pan-European Congress of Science and Art organized by Huldafestival at the conference and ARTSCIST held in Istanbul. She represented Greece at ‘POLYLOG’, the 2nd Mediterranean Biennale of Cologne under the subject “SISYPHOS”. The exhibition was held at the Statt-Museum gallery of modern art, Köln-Sülz.
Her artworks have been showcased in group exhibitions, projects and online platforms in Greece and abroad. She has presented a solo exhibition and has participated in many group exhibitions in Greece and abroad.
Katerina Velliou lives and works in Thessaloniki.
• “ON FORM” | Curating: G. Bolis | Metamorfosis Gallery, Thessaloniki.
• Platforms project | Independent Art Fair | Future Scenarios | Curating: A.Potamianou, M. Argyrou
• Dresden Residents – Artist Talk….
• “yεnεές” | Artanc project | Curating: P. Kosmas.
• 18th Biennale Mediteranea | Τirana, Albania | Curating: Hellenic Ministry of Youth.
• “Rooms 2017 +” | Curating: Domna Gounari | Hotel St George Lycabetus and
• ‘’For One,Another.’’Exhibition | TOMS, Thessaloniki | Gallery Nitra, Thessaloniki.
• Mera | Romantzo | Athens.
• “Thirty eight facades, one motive” | Metamorfosis Gallery, Thessaloniki. Katerina Velliou | PortfolioΚατερίνα Katerina Velliou | Portfolio
• Keratea | Hariklia Harris | Μicrogeographies.
• “The reflection of the plate” | Gastronomy Museum| Curating: Lina Mantikou | Athens.
• Mets Giving, Temple of Argotera Artemis, Mets, Microgeographies| STOREFRONT For Art and Architrcture | Curating: Hariklia Haris.
• TRANSFORM 2013, National University of Arts Bucharest, Romania
• TRANSFORM 2013, National University of Arts Bucharest, Romania
• «Chrisa Paidia»| 48 Dimitria Festival, Thessaloniki.
• Ulay + Κaiti Hailiori, Synergies, Delphi Museum & Gallery Τehnohoros “World Water Museum” Installation by Keti Haliori, Athens.
• WORKSHOP – Έκθεση FESTIVAL INSPIRE 2013 | Macedonic Museum of Contemporary Art.
• Festival Anakata – Anakatataxi| P. Melas Camp | Municipal Public Company Pavlos Melas, IRIS, 2012.
• WORKSHOP – Exhibition FESTIVAL INSPIRE 2012 | Macedonic Museum of Contemporary Art.
• Festival Anakata 4 | P. Melas Camp| Municipal Public Company Pavlos Melas, IRIS.
• WORKSHOP – Έxhibition TRANSFORM 2012 | Κ.Μ.S.Τ. Lazariston Monastery| Department of Fine and Applied Arts, AUTH.
• “off shore project” | Meropi Island – Κardamili Messinias | Filoppapou Team | www.offshoreproject.blogspot.gr
• Retrospective exhibition G.Tsakiris, participation in the set – up of «ΓΙΟΥΚΟ» | Μacedonic Museum of Contemporary Art.
• “Chartes 1987 – Τaxidia 2012” V.Karakatsanis & 20 young artists| Gallery Τechnohoros Αthens, www.technohoros.org
• WORKSHOP – Exhibition Design-Ark “Park your ideas” | Center of Architecture, Thessaloniki | School of Fine Arts | AUTH.
• VOM PHOTO About Photography Speaking | Museum of Photography Thessaloniki| School of Fine Arts AUTH. & Biennale of Photography Thessaloniki.
• 2nd Group Exhibition | Center of Engraving ILIOS | 2nd Painting Workshop Fine Arts AUTH.
• Group Exhibition of the School of Fine Arts Students, under the auspices of the exhibition GOYA & BEETHOVEN / Teloglio Center of Arts.
• 3rd International Symposium on Aqua Science Water Resources and the Arts in California, under the subject :Water considered by modern art as a natural bequest. Video installation as part of K.Haliori’s project: World Water Museum Installation.
• Participation in the project ‘Carnival Pause’ currated by the artist N. Haralampidis and the team NO EGO – Athens Biennale 2011 – Μonodromos.
• SYMBIOSIS 15η Biennale of Young Artists, participated with the Design team of the Formula of the Aristotle Racing Team (ART) | Apothikes, Thessaloniki Port| 15th Biennale of Meditteranean Young Artists, Thessaloniki.
• Video installation at the 9th International Hydrogeological Conference – Kalavrita | as part of K. Haliori Project: World Water Museum Installation.
• Ephemeral Art with the team NO EGO | Kodra Camp, Thessaloniki.
• Project:«Science and Art » | Campus Istanbul Technique University | HULDA FESTIVAL
• «40 young artists exhibit» | Gallery Papatzikou, Veroia, Greece.
• Artistic Forum in Bonne (Germany) – project: «OPEN MIND» (15 artists from 10 diferent countries.)
• Artscist Exhibition in Istanbul – Huldafestival & Paneuropic Conference of Science and Art – project: «Science and Art» | HULDA FESTIVAL.
• “SISYPHOS” | Statt-Museum gallery of modern art, Köln – Sülz | POLYLOG 2nd Mediterranean Biennale of Kolonia.
• WORKSHOP – Exhibition Project: “Film-works SISYPHOS” | POLYLOG 2nd Mediterranean Biennale of Kolonia | Galerie im Turm, Köln.
• Art Exhibition | Laografiko Museum Afitos Thessaloniki.
• Participation in the exhibition of artworks under the auspices of the actions of tje Students Week | Kodra Camp, Thessaloniki.